Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash SoupRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Winter is almost here and we’re craving comfort food made easy! With an Instant Pot, this hot and hearty soup recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes. So, grab a bowl of this Turkey Butternut Squash Soup, turn on your favorite holiday movie and cozy up by the fire! It’s the perfect comfort food meal to warm you up this winter.
This simple Instant Pot recipe features a complex flavor profile that’s a little sweet, spicy and savory. Butternut squash and light coconut milk contribute natural sweetness, while jalapeno, ginger, black pepper and curry powder provide a spicy kick. We round the whole thing out with some savory staples, including olive oil, onions, garlic, chicken broth, parsnips, spinach and turkey.
Can’t handle the heat? Feel free to swap the jalapeno peppers with sweet bell peppers instead! You can also cut down on the amount of curry powder and ginger that you use.
One serving of this Instant Pot Turkey Butternut Squash Soup contains 290 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, three Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add another SmartCarb, serve it over some brown rice or add in some chickpeas! You can also pump up the protein with another PowerFuel, like some extra turkey or a dollop of plain low-fat Greek yogurt (perfect if it’s a little too spicy for you!).
While you’re enjoying this delicious dish, be sure to log it in your NuMi app journal to stay on track with your Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Prepare some other nutritious and delicious recipes with the handy Instant Pot! Check out the tasty ideas below:
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding >
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto >
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 290
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 3 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup light coconut milk (canned)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 8 oz. cooked turkey, shredded
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Once hot, add oil.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add parsnip, butternut squash, jalapeno, ginger, black pepper and curry powder.
- Add in chicken broth and deglaze by scraping up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and seal. Set to manual pressure for 5 minutes. Once timer is up, let it naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release.
- Mash up half of the mixture to thicken.
- Stir in the coconut milk, spinach and turkey.
- Cover with the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.