Grab your handy Instant Pot and whip up this simple, succulent smoked brisket that tastes like it’s been braised for hours.
Craving warm, comforting meals that remind you of moms cooking? Our brisket recipe not only fits the comfort meal bill, it also fits into your Nutrisystem program and busy lifestyle. In about an hour, you will have a healthy and hearty brisket dinner made possible by the amazing Instant Pot.
This awesome appliance may be small, but it brings big flavor and convenience to your dinner table. Create delicious meals and impressive desserts in a snap with its easy-to-use features. If you haven’t heard of the incredible Instant Pot, click the link below for everything you need to know:
One serving of this Instant Pot Smoked Brisket contains just 139 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem meal plan. If you’d like to add a vegetable serving or two, feel free to serve it with a side of steamed broccoli, green beans or Brussels sprouts. You could also add a SmartCarb to the mix with a half cup of sweet potatoes, brown rice or butternut squash.
Whatever you decide to serve with this comforting brisket, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! Easily keep track of your meals, snacks, water and weight loss throughout your journey.
Check out these other delicious recipes that you can throw in your Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto >
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Salmon with Chili Lime Sauce >
- Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake >
- Instant Pot Mixed Berry Crumble >
Looking for more healthy meals without any prep work? Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Servings: 8 (1 serving = 2 oz.)
Calories per Serving: 139
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 lb. lean brisket, raw
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. light margarine
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine black pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Drizzle maple syrup on the brisket and coat with spice mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and allow it to heat up.
- Grease Instant Pot with margarine.
- Brown all sides of the brisket until it's golden.
- Add broth, liquid smoke, thyme and sliced onions to instant pot.
- Cover Instant Pot with lid and set to MANUAL for 50 minutes.
- Once finished, allow Instant Pot to naturally release steam.
- Remove brisket and cover with foil.
- Switch Instant Pot to SAUTE and reduce to thicken sauce with lid off for about 10 minutes.
- Slice brisket, drizzle with sauce and serve.