This savory Salmon with Chili Lime Sauce is bursting with so much delicious flavor, you’ll have a hard time believing it’s actually good for you.
Salmon, with its delicate flavor and tender texture, isn’t just a tasty addition to meals, it’s also a nutritious one. Salmon is something of a healthy eating sensation. It’s got loads of omega-3 fatty acids, heart healthy fats that have been shown to help reduce inflammation and to help fight heart disease, cancer and arthritis. It’s also a great source of lean protein, and it contains a whole host of body-boosting nutrients like phosphorus, vitamin B6, choline, pantothenic acid and potassium. Did someone say superfood?
And while it’s clear that we are head over heels for salmon, we’d be remiss if we did not point out the real superstar in this unbelievable recipe: The Chili Lime Sauce! There’s just something so magical about the delicious duo of chili powder and lime sauce. It’s tangy and tasty, and doesn’t pack on the calories (or the pounds!). This particular Chili Lime Sauce is so versatile, it can be used to add flavor to any of your favorite lean proteins. We like it on poultry, fish and even vegetarian options like tofu or tempeh. But we have to admit: The best way to enjoy this unbelievably good sauce is drizzled over a tender piece of salmon and accompanied by your favorite cooked veggies. It’s a mouthwatering masterpiece that won’t do your diet in.
But, just to be safe, consider logging this delicious dish in NuMi, our FREE online tracking app. When something tastes this unbelievably good, you might be tempted to eat your way through a whole other serving, which can be disastrous for your diet. Click here to learn how to use NuMi >
Calories per Serving: 342
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, ½ Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 6 oz. salmon
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup raw vegetables (i.e. zucchini, asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli, etc)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Create chili lime sauce by whisking together olive oil, honey, paprika, chili powder, lime juice, water, garlic and fresh parsley in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot. Top with steam rack.
- Place salmon on steam rack and season with pepper and chili powder.
- Cover, lock the lid, and adjust to SEALING. Select MANUAL and adjust cooking time to 3 minutes. When finished, use the quick release handle by turning valve to VENTING. Open lid and remove salmon.
- Place cut up veggies and chick peas inside a steam basket on top of steam rack. Close, lock the lid, adjust valve to SEALING and select MANUAL to 0 minutes. By the time the pressure builds up, the veggies will already be cooked. Use the quick release method when the timer goes off.
- Transfer veggies and salmon to a plate. Drizzle chili lime sauce and serve.