Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce WrapsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
A homemade blue cheese dressing is drizzled on top shredded buffalo chicken and served on a bed of lettuce to make these Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are cooked to tender perfection with hot sauce to be easily shredded for this delicious dish—all thanks to the ever-efficient instant Pot.
While the Instant Pot is working its magic with the buffalo-style chicken, combine Greek yogurt, blue cheese crumbles, lemon and garlic powder to make a creamy, homemade blue cheese dressing. Top eight large lettuce leaves with shredded chicken, homemade dressing, shredded carrots and scallions to complete these Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
This recipes yields four full servings, and two wraps count as one serving. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving clocks in as two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable. Loaded with spicy flavor thanks to buffalo sauce, these wraps are a great (and just as tasty!) alternative to a calorie-filled, fried buffalo chicken sandwich.
While this recipe is Nutrisystem-approved, it’s still important to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you aren’t enjoying one too many lettuce wraps. Research suggests consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results. Read all about the many benefits of logging your food by checking out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight! >
If you’re just as crazy about the Instant Pot as we are, then you’ll be happy to know we’ve created plenty of diet-approved recipes that use this handy kitchen tool. Check out our top Instant Pot recipes below:
- Instant Pot Chicken Creole >
- Instant Pot Chili Lime Salmon >
- Instant Pot Tomato Basil Frittata >
- Instant Pot Carnitas >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 2 lettuce wraps)
Calories per Serving: 219
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large lettuce leaves (Bibb or Iceberg)
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 celery stalk, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Add the chicken breasts, buffalo hot sauce, chicken broth and onion to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir and seal lid with the vent in the closed position.
- Select “Meat/Stew” setting, select “High Pressure,” and change cooking time to 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When beep sounds, use the Quick Release to release pressure from the Instant Pot before carefully removing lid.
- Using tongs, carefully remove chicken breast from the Instant Pot and place on a cutting board and shred the chicken carefully with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the sauce, turn Instant Pot to sauté setting, and continue cooking chicken for an additional 5 minutes to absorb sauce.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly before building lettuce wraps. Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves, drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with carrots, celery and scallions.