Tomato Basil Frittata: Instant Pot RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Tomato basil is a flavor most commonly associated with savory soups to be enjoyed at lunch or dinner time. But with this delicious Tomato Basil Frittata, you get to enjoy this classic combo at breakfast time. That’s right: This recipe combines the delicious duo of tomato basil with protein-packed eggs, milk, cheese and a variety of vibrant spices to create a mouthwatering morning meal that’s undoubtedly worth skipping the snooze button for!
And, since this delicious Tomato Basil Frittata recipe makes eight full servings, you will have a satisfying meal to look forward to every day of your busy week! (Word to the wise: Hide your leftovers… a dish this tasty tends to go fast in most homes!)
Even though this ridiculously tasty recipe is just 115 calories per serving and counts as just one PowerFuel and one Extra on Nutrisystem, it’s so delicious, it would be easy to overeat. So make sure to log your Tomato Basil Frittata in NuMi, our FREE online tracking app, which helps you stay on track toward your goals. With NuMi, you can log your food, water, activity and weight. Plus it’s got daily tips and recipes designed to keep you on the healthy living track. Learn more about this awesome tool here >
If you’ve never heard of Instant Pots before, you’re going to want to check them out. Basically, an Instant Pot is a super handy kitchen appliance that combines the benefits of a pressure cooker, a saute-er, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, a yogurt maker and a food warmer. It’s a great investment not only because there are so many healthy dishes and snacks you can make with it, but also because with its 7-in-1 kitchen appliance functionality, you’ll save tons of space in your kitchen.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
Calories per Serving: 115
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, low-fat
- 2 tomatoes- 1 sliced, 1 diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups thawed hashbrowns or shredded potatoes
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups water
- Put trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add 1 ½ cups of water.
- Spray a heat-proof bowl with nonstick spray.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, spinach, diced tomatoes, potatoes, basil and pepper.
- Pour mixture into bowl and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Place bowl on top of the trivet.
- Lock Instant Pot lid. Select manual pressure for 20 minutes. When done, quick release by turning the valve to VENTING. Open lid when float valve drops.