Instant Pot Holiday Turkey BreastRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
When you think of holiday turkey, hours of preparation, cooking and clean-up might come to mind. We’re changing up the turkey game with the quick-cooking Instant Pot.
In less than an hour, you and your guests can be enjoying a hearty, homemade, holiday dinner. This turkey breast is the perfect base for any of your family’s favorite side dishes. The secret ingredient in this recipe is what it’s cooked in; the amazing Instant Pot. This unique appliance locks in moisture and flavor, creating healthy and delicious meals in a snap. Easily make healthier takes on your favorite meals and speed up the cooking process with this handy, kitchen sidekick. It’s time to break holiday cooking traditions with the Instant Pot.
Haven’t heard of the Instant Pot yet? Click the link below for everything you need to know:
One serving of this Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast contains just 116 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to pair with a SmartCarb like a half cup of sweet potatoes or brown rice. You can keep track of your holiday turkey and sides by logging them in the NuMi app! Keeping a journal of your food intake can help you stay accountable throughout the holiday season.
Serve up your turkey with these Nutrisystem-approved side dishes:
- Mega Marinated Roasted Veggies >
- Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms with Honey Balsamic Drizzle >
- Cheese Sauce Smothered Broccoli >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Roasted Rosemary Beets and Carrots >
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Soup >
Even with a handy Instant Pot, sometimes there just isn’t enough time to cook during the busy holiday season. With Nutrisystem’s Roasted Turkey Medallions, you can be enjoying a hearty, holiday meal that’s ready in just a few minutes.
Looking for more quick and easy meals? Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today!
Servings: 12 (1 serving = 2 oz.)
Calories per Serving: 116
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 lb. whole turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ cup half-and-half, fat free
- Season turkey with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rub turkey with mixture of paprika, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Lastly, rub in garlic.
- Melt butter with remaining olive oil in Instant Pot on SAUTE-high.
- Add turkey and sauté on all sides until golden.
- Remove turkey, place trivet inside Instant Pot and place turkey on trivet.
- Close lid and set to SEAL. Cook on MANUAL for 25 minutes.
- Let instant pot naturally release steam.
- Remove turkey and cover with foil for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove trivet and set Instant Pot to SAUTE-high. Add some half-and-half to the broth to thicken and create a gravy.
- Serve gravy over turkey.