Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms with Honey Balsamic DrizzleRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Mushrooms and green beans get an ultra tasty kick with this unbelievably tasty recipe for Balsamic Green Beans and Mushrooms.
The perfect way to sneak more veggies into your day, this easy recipe features fresh green beans and baby Bella mushrooms drizzled in a delicious honey balsamic glaze that’s made by combining balsamic vinegar, honey, dried thyme, garlic powder and a touch of sea salt.
And the prep is just a few simple steps: Spread the green beans and mushrooms across a baking sheet that’s been covered in foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey, drizzle the mixture over the veggies and toss to coat. Next, sprinkle the green beans and mushrooms with thyme, garlic powder and sea salt, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. That’s it!
Pair your delicious veggies with any of your Nutrisystem entrees or enjoy them as a side to your favorite flex meal. Either way, one serving of this vibrant veggie dish counts as one Vegetable and one Extra on Nutrisystem. Want to up the protein and healthy fat content? Consider adding two tablespoons of slivered almonds to the mix. They’ll add a little crunch and will up the recipe to count as one Vegetable, one Extra and one PowerFuel.
No matter how you choose to enjoy this delicious side dish, make sure to log it in NuMi, our free tracking app. NuMi makes it easy to stay on track with your program and toward your weight loss goals, by enabling easy logging of your food, water, activity and weight. Plus, with NuMi, you’ll get exclusive access to hundreds of helpful weight loss tips, plan-friendly recipes and exclusive offers on all your Nutrisystem favorites. Learn how it can help you lose weight even faster right here >
Servings: Makes 6 servings
Calories per Serving: 58
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and halved, thoroughly dried
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread green beans and mushrooms in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet or pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Drizzle over vegetables in pan and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with thyme, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until beans are tender-crisp.