Cheese Sauce Smothered BroccoliRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides
If there’s one thing we can all universally agree on, it’s this: Broccoli is just so, so much better when it’s smothered in creamy, ooey, gooey cheese sauce.
And this tasty recipe for Cheese Sauce Smothered Broccoli definitely checks all of the boxes. Featuring a smooth and creamy cheese sauce that combines fat-free milk, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, sea salt, cheddar cheese and Dijon mustard, this is one broccoli dish you’re going to want on the menu every single night of the week.
At just 110 calories and counting as one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem program, there’s absolutely no reason this superstar side dish can’t make a regular appearance at your dinner (or lunch!) table.
As with every recipe you try, just be sure to log this Cheese Sauce Smothered Broccoli in your free NuMi tracking app. NuMi is the perfect complement to your Nutrisystem program. With it, you can log your food, water, activity and weight. Research has suggested that those who log their food regularly have better success losing weight. So ready, set, log! Plus, as a NuMi user you’ll get exclusive access to all kinds of helpful weight loss tips and tricks, hundreds of plan-friendly recipes and tons of special offers and discounts on all your favorite Nutrisystem foods and products. Check out even more NuMi benefits right here! >
Big broccoli buff? You’re going to want to try our Super Cheesy Broccoli Fritters or our Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry. Our Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries is a big hit among our customers, as is our Quick Roasted Broccoli Feeling adventurous? Give our Broccoli Cheddar Quiche with Loaded Potato Crust a try. You definitely won’t regret it!
Calories per Serving: 110
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup 2% milk reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water.
- Cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- While broccoli is cooking, whisk together milk and corn starch in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and sea salt. Simmer until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cheese and mustard.
- Mix together broccoli and cheese sauce. Serve warm.