Super Cheesy Broccoli FrittersRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Super Cheesy Broccoli Fritters just sound tempting, right? Cheese and broccoli are a flavor match made in heaven.
And you know it, broccoli and cheddar soup fans. Well, imagine the deliciousness of Italian spices, Parmesan cheese and hearty (fiber-packed) broccoli florets in a crispy vegetable pancake. That’s precisely what the Super Cheesy Broccoli Fritters bring to your table—even if it’s shortly lived. Carrots add subtle sweetness and send a healthy dose of beta carotene your way, while onion powder makes everything pop. Egg whites and whole wheat flour bind each fritter together in the most nutritious way to support your weight loss goals, but all you’ll be thinking is how to get more.
Good news for you is that two fritters means one more Vegetable to add to your log. Just keep in mind, two Extras go right along with it. Keep track of your veggies and Extras in the NuMi app here >
Servings: Makes 6 servings; each serving is 2 fritters
Calories per Serving: 84
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 2½ cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- Steam the broccoli florets until pierced easily with a fork. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large mixing bowl combine finely chopped broccoli, carrots, green onions, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, egg whites, Italian seasoning, onion powder and whole wheat flour.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Mist the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add one fourth of a cup of the broccoli mixture into a measuring cup; pack it tight.
- Drop the fritter mixture into the skillet and flatten with the back of the spatula.
- Cook for 3 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 3 minutes more, or until golden brown. If it starts to burn, lower the heat to medium.
- After the fritters are crispy and light brown, flip over to the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Continue until all of the fritter mixture is gone.
- NOTE: Leftover fritters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, wrap fritters in aluminum foil and bake in a 350° F oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm.