Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice PuddingRecipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Warm up this season with a quick and easy Instant Pot rice pudding. Filled with the flavors of chocolate and peppermint, it’s sure to carry you away to winter wonderland.
Rice pudding is an underrated dessert that deserves the spotlight. Brown rice and milk create the perfect base that lends itself to any tastes you desire. We use unsweetened cocoa powder and peppermint extract to add big flavor with very little calories. Even better, the amazing Instant Pot helps to make this recipe quick and easy to prepare and clean up.
Want to learn more about the handy Instant Pot? Click the link below for everything you need to know:
One serving of this Instant Pot Chocolate Peppermint Rice Pudding contains 204 calories and counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a PowerFuel, feel free to sprinkle some slivered almonds on top. You could also top it with a dollop of light whipped cream, just be sure to count it towards your daily Extras.
This pudding is so good, it’s very easy to go overboard and have more than one serving. Keep track of your intake and stay on plan by logging this recipe in the NuMi app! Track your meals, water, weight loss and measurements with ease. You can even earn fun rewards along the way! Click here to log your rice pudding in NuMi >
Enjoy the cool taste of peppermint in these other delicious recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies >
- Iced Protein Peppermint Cookies >
- 14-Calorie Mint Chocolate Meringues >
- Grasshopper “Candy” Bars >
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate >
- Chocolate Peppermint Cups >
If you’re looking for more minty freshness, we’ve got you covered! Stock up on Nutrisystem’s Thin Mint Crisp Bar here >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious meals and snacks from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 204
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Extras
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup nonfat milk
- 2 packets stevia
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup half and half, fat free
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 peppermint hard candies, crushed
- Place rice, water and milk into the Instant Pot bowl.
- SEAL lid and set to PORRIDGE for 20 minutes.
- Naturally release for 10-12 minutes and then quickly release by moving toggle to VENT.
- Stir in stevia, cocoa powder, half and half and peppermint extract. 5. If too thick, add more milk or water as needed.
- Top with crushed peppermint candies.