Grasshopper Candy BarsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Cut back on candy and whip up this recipe for something equally delicious—but a whole lot healthier! Say goodbye to the days of sugar comas and belly aches from overdoing it on the candy bars. Stay on track by making these spring-inspired Grasshopper Candy Bars for a chocolaty, diet-friendly and absolutely delicious dessert!
To create these delicious Grasshopper Candy Bars, you only need six simple ingredients. Grab crisp rice cereal, light butter, mini marshmallows, cocoa powder, mint extract and mini chocolate chips.
In a large pan, melt butter and marshmallows. Once the mixture is completely combined, add in cocoa powder and mint extract. Pour in rice cereal and thoroughly stir. Press the mixture into an eight-inch square pan and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Pop these Candy Bars in the fridge to speed up the cooling process, cut and enjoy!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each of these Grasshopper Candy Bars counts as two Extras and clocks in at just 61 calories. Because these Candy Bars are just so delicious, it’s easy to overindulge. Be sure to log each serving in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals.
Our easy-to-use food tracker app makes losing weight easy because it does all the work for you. By keeping track of your “counts as” on your Nutrisystem meal plan, water intake and physical activity, our tracker app can increase weight loss results. Find out all about the many benefits of using our NuMi app here >
Keep your candy cravings at bay with two more of our healthier versions of candy bar classics. Whip up these 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Rice Krispies or these sweet Cake Batter Rice Krispies! >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 16 (1 bar)
Calories per Serving: 61
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp. light butter spread
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, packed
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. mint extract
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over low heat. Add light butter spread and melt. Once melted, add mini marshmallows. Stir with a rubber spatula until melted.
- After marshmallows have melted add cocoa powder and mint extract.
- Add rice cereal and fold together until a thick mixture is formed.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and press lightly. Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled or served at room temperature.