It’s that time of year—candy is everywhere and temptations are high. Dieting doesn’t have to mean no sweet treats and bland, boring snacks. Whip up these delicious 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Rice Krispies for a dessert just as satisfying as your favorite candy—with less than half the calories!
This 3-ingredient, four-step recipe is something you can whip up in minutes when your sweet tooth calls. The best part about this recipe? You most likely keep these ingredients in your kitchen at all times, so they’re east to make in a pinch for a treat that won’t totally derail your healthy diet. Heat honey in a pot until it’s boiling, remove and stir in peanut butter until the mixture is smooth. Place the crisp rice cereal in a large bowl, and add in peanut butter and honey mixture until all cereal is completely coated. Scoop the coated cereal into an eight-inch pan and allow bars to cool before cutting and serving. You can even pop these Peanut Butter Rice Krispies in the fridge to speed up the cooling process!
This recipes makes 24 rice krispies, so it’s also a perfect (and healthier!) party treat. At just 71 calories per rice krispie and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this dessert is a diet-friendly alternative for those high-calorie candies that can ruin our weight loss results. Although these Peanut Butter Rice Krispies are diet-approved, it’s easy to overindulge because they’re THAT delicious. To stay on track with your daily intake, log your rice krispy servings in the NuMi app >
Check out a few more delicious and healthier alternatives to store-bought candy below:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 24 (1 rice krispie)
Calories per Serving: 71
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add honey to a small pot and heat over medium-high until boiling. Remove honey from the heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl, then pour the peanut butter and honey mixture over the top. Stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled or served at room temperature.