Cake batter lover? We are, too. The bad news is consuming the raw ingredients in cake batter can make you sick, not to mention the loads of calories and sugar. The good news is we’ve got a recipe for Cake Batter Treats that will fill your sweet tooth, satisfy you cake batter cravings and keep you on track with your weight loss goals!
These delicious Cake Batter Treats can be made in just a few simple steps. Simply start by lining your eight-inch pan with parchment paper so your rice krispies don’t stick. Add brown rice syrup and cashew butter to a pot and continue stirring until boiling. Remove the pot from the heat and begin to stir in the vanilla whey protein powder. In a large mixing bowl, combine syrup mixture with crisp rice cereal and stir until all cereal is coated. Pour the Cake Batter Rice Krispie mix into the pan, press the mixture down and top with rainbow sprinkles. Be sure to let the bars cool completely before cutting into the mixture. To speed up the cool-down process, pop the Cake Batter Treats into the fridge.
This tasty dessert recipe yields 24 rice krisipie treats, so it’s the perfect treat to cut down on calories at your next get-together. They’re sure to be a fan-favorite. Each treat clocks in at just 68 calories and counts as two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Because these sweet treats are so delicious, it’s easy to accidentally overindulge. To ensure you’re not overdoing it and that you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals, log each serving in the NuMi app. Our easy-to-use food tracker app can increase your weight loss results. Don’t believe us? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
If you love these Cake Batter Treats as much as we do, you’ll also love our recipe for 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Rice Krispies >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 24 (one rice krispie)
Calories per Serving: 68
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp. butter flavored extract
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. sprinkles, optional
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add brown rice syrup and cashew butter to a small pot. Stirring frequently, heat over medium-high until boiling. Remove pot from heat. Stir in whey protein powder until smooth.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl, then pour the brown rice syrup mixture over the top. Stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Top with sprinkles and press lightly. Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled or served at room temperature.