A 14-calorie cookie… you’d think we were joking! But, these 14-Calorie Mint Chocolate Meringues mean business.
Business satisfying your chocolate cookie cravings, that is. This recipe takes fluffy, light egg whites, and mixes them with cream of tartar and cocoa for the food twist of the century. Naturally sweet from stevia and eliciting a light hint of peppermint, you might as well call it magic. The four of these 14-Calorie Mint Chocolate Meringues count as just one Extra, so we won’t judge if you finish the whole plate yourself!
Wondering what the difference between a Free Food and an Extra is? Learn more here >
Servings: Makes 4 servings with 3 cookies in each serving
Calories per Serving: 14
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Extra
- 2 egg whites, warmed to room temperature
- ¼ tsp. of cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. stevia
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites on high until foamy
- While beating, slowly add in cream of tartar, stevia and cocoa powder. Beat the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the peppermint extract.
- Spoon or pipe mixture onto an aluminum-lined baking sheet (do not grease)
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and let meringues sit in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove and carefully peel off aluminum.