All you need to create these delicious Iced Protein Peppermint Cookies is four simple ingredients. Packed with protein and perfect for a healthier alternative to calorie-packed holiday cookies, these Peppermint Cookies are a must-try this holiday season.
Complete with a homemade vanilla frosting, this festive recipe is a dieter’s dream come true. Stay off the naughty list this season and whip up a batch of these cookies for the ultimate treat to fill your sweet tooth the Nutrisystem-approved way.
What can possibly make these Peppermint Cookies even better? They take just a few minutes to make! Simply mash banana in a mixing bowl until smooth and stir in protein and flour. Once a cookie dough is formed, spoon the dough onto a baking sheet. Pop in the oven for just ten minutes. While the cookies are baking, whisk together vanilla protein, almond milk and peppermint extract. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool before frosting each cookie. Adorn the cookies with festive sprinkles and enjoy!
This recipe yields nine cookies and each cookie counts as one PowerFuel on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Clocking in at just 91 calories per cookie, these cookies are the perfect addition to any party this season. And to ensure you’re staying on track over the holidays, log your cookie servings, along with all of your daily intake, in the NuMi app. Research has shown that consistently logging your food can increase weight loss results—so get logging!
Looking for more holiday recipes to enjoy a guilt-free holiday season? Check out a few of our favorite below:
- Holiday Jell-O Cups >
- Menorah Pudding Cups >
- Coconut-Covered Gingerbread Bites >
- Maple Walnut Cookies >
Want to lose weight enjoying cookies, pasta, pizza and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 9 cookies (1 cookie = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 91
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 4 scoops Nutrisystem® Vanilla Shake
- 2 scoops Nutrisystem® Vanilla Shake
- 2-4 tsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tiny drop peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mash bananas till smooth. Stir in protein and flour.
- Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops are no longer mushy. Remove from oven and let cool briefly before adding frosting.
- To make the frosting, add in 2 scoops of protein to a small bowl. Slowly add almond milk little by little until a desired consistency is reached. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Add frosting to cookies and sprinkles if desired!