It’s that time of year—sugar-filled desserts and temptations everywhere you turn. But just because you’re on a journey to weight loss success, that doesn’t mean you have to avoid seasonal sweet treats at all costs. In fact, we’ve created plenty of dessert recipes right here on The Leaf that you can add to your menu, and our Coconut-Covered Gingerbread Bites are one of our favorites!
How to Make No-Bake Gingerbread Cookie Bites
Filled with an array of diet-friendly ingredients and just as tasty as your favorite holiday sweet treat, these No-Bake Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites are a must-try. Whip them up for your next Christmas party and watch them disappear!
To make these snowball cookies, simply soak medjool dates in hot water for about 10 minutes. Then drain and set them aside. Add pecans to a food processor or blender and pulse until the pecans are a fine-meal consistency. Add in dates, cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, salt, molasses and vanilla extract to the food processor and continue pulsing until a thick dough is formed.
Transfer the gingerbread cookie dough into a bowl and pop it in the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes. Once chilled, scoop about a half tablespoon of dough and roll into a mini snowball. Then roll the gingerbread bite in shredded coconut.
Bite into these sweet Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites immediately, or store them in a container in the fridge to enjoy cold. Whenever you choose to “indulge” in this guilt-free dessert, one thing is certain—you’re going to want to make it over and over again!
Gingerbread Cookie Bites on Nutrisystem
This recipe yields 40 Coconut Gingerbread Cookie Bites, so it’s perfect for a family treat. Each no-bake cookie clocks in at just 65 calories and counts as two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan.
Along with all of your daily food intake, log each Gingerbread Bite in the NuMi app to ensure you aren’t enjoying one too many!
Haven’t downloaded our easy-to-use food tracker app yet? It can help you reach your goals by keeping you organized and on track with your meal plan. Learn more in our comprehensive NuMi guide!
More Healthy Holiday Desserts
Whip up a few of our favorite seasonal desserts! Check out our top picks below:
- Christmas Fruitcake Biscotti >
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip >
- Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake >
- Mini Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bites >
- Maple Walnut Cookies >
- Gingerbread Freezer Fudge >
- Healthy Peppermint Bark >
Want to lose weight enjoying cookies, pasta, pizza and even cookies? Get started with a Nutrisystem plan today!
Servings: 40 (1 ball)
Calories per Serving: 65
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (~12 dates)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Soak dates in hot water for approximately 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Add pecans to the food processor fitted with S blade. Pulse until pecans form a fine meal.
- Add dates, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, molasses and vanilla extract to food processor. Pulse until contents are mixed and begin to clump.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for ~10 minutes.
- Place shredded coconut in a small bowl.
- After chilling dough, use half tablespoon to scoop out mixture and form 40 small balls. Roll finished balls in coconut.
- Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.