With the holidays rapidly approaching, sweet treats and decadent desserts are bound to be on your mind. How will ever you be able to decline a piece of cake or slice of pie? Don’t fret! We are here to put all of your holiday anxiety at ease with this mouthwatering Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake that is simple to make and easy to take to any holiday occasion. It’s all about staying on track during your weight loss journey, and that shouldn’t mean sacrificing your holiday favorites. That’s why this recipe for Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake is the perfect (delicious!) dessert that will keep that waistline intact and those sweet cravings at bay!
With the sweet and savory flavor of cinnamon, vanilla, molasses and ginger, all combined with creamy Greek yogurt and milk, this recipe creates a plentiful 12 servings, so it’s perfect to pack up for your favorite holiday outing. Don’t be fooled by the word “cake.” This tasty and guilt-free take on a holiday classic is only 143 calories per serving. That’s an absolute dream come true in the land of holiday desserts and Nutrisystem meal plans.
This tasty treat counts as just one SmartCarb and one Extra. Don’t forget to log the Whole Wheat Gingerbread Bundt Cake on the NuMi app to make sure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. To make sure you are keeping proper track of your daily intake, click here to log this cake on the NuMi app. >
Want to check out the most logged carbs on the NuMi app? Check out The 17 Most Logged SmartCarbs in NuMi right here! >
Looking for another Nutrisystem-approved sweet treat to bring to one of many holiday occasions? Try this deliciously sweet Gingerbread Freezer Fudge by clicking on the link below!
Calories per Serving: 143
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 Extra
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3-5 drops Stevia
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and mist the inside of a Bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground allspice and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, nonfat milk, eggs, molasses, vanilla extract, coconut oil, stevia and grated ginger.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove loaf pan from the oven and allow bread to cool for several minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the Bundt pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.