‘Tis the season for Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and all of the seasonal flavors that come along with them. If you are looking for a Nutrisystem-approved snack this holiday season, we highly recommend trying this simple recipe for decadent Chocolate Peppermint Cookies— you’ll be thanking us later.
These chocolatey cookies add the perfect amount of peppermint flavor to temporarily transport your taste buds to a winter wonderland. Aside from the delicious flavor these cookies bring, they can be made in five simple steps—so they’re perfect to whip up on a cold winter day. This recipe is as simple as adding a few ingredients, refrigerating your dough and popping your cookies into the oven for just eight to nine minutes. That’s a holiday win if you ask us! Pack these up to bring to work, or simply enjoy them with your family. Whatever the occasion may be, these Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are certain to hit the spot and satisfy your sweet tooth this holiday season the Nutrisystem-approved way.
One batch of this recipe makes 28 cookies, and each cookie is a mere 44 calories. With the combination of ingredients, each cookie counts as two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. While these are super simple to make, it is also just as simple to forget to log each cookie as two Extras on your NuMi app. Failing to log your daily intake can hinder your weight loss results, so remember to log each day—especially around the holiday season! Log your Chocolate Peppermint Cookies right here on the NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track. >
Looking for a few more seasonal treats that are sure to kill the cravings while keeping you on track? Try these quick-and-easy No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites > or these Gluten-Free Chewy Ginger Cookies. >
Servings: 28 (1 cookie)
Calories per Serving: 44.8
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. mint peppermint extract
- 1 5.3 oz. container nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 20-30 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, skim milk, peppermint extract and Stevia.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint. Refrigerate dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Scoop level tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.