Air Fryer Italian Spaghetti SquashRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
We’re combining two magical things in one delicious recipe: Spaghetti squash and the air fryer! Air fryers are pretty much a kitchen miracle, while spaghetti squash creates perfect strands of low-carb pasta in less than an hour. Put the two together and you’ve got a diet-friendly dinner that’s smart, savory and satisfying.
Healthy Hacks: Spice up your squash with your favorite herbs and spices! Fresh basil, thyme and minced garlic would be delicious additions. You could even add in more non-starchy veggies like chopped onions, bell peppers and tomatoes.
One serving of this Air Fryer Italian Spaghetti Squash contains 253 calories. It counts as one PowerFuel, two Extras and two Vegetables on the Nutrisystem meal plan. This delicious, low-carb dish would pair perfectly with a lean meat like grilled chicken or ground turkey. If you make this addition, be sure to count it as another PowerFuel in your NuMi Journal. This will help you stay organized and on track throughout your weight loss journey. Click here to quickly log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Fall has arrived and we’re craving smart and satisfying squash recipes! The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is filled with seasonal dishes that fit into your weight loss plan. Check out some of our favorite ideas below:
- Stuffed Acorn Squash >
- Sweet & Savory Spaghetti Squash Bowl >
- Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash >
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup >
- Butternut Squash Chicken Chowder >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili >
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili >
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto >
Craving more Italian food made easy? Stock up on convenient, home-delivered meals from Nutrisystem! You’ll love our Italian Sausage and Turkey Pepperoni Pizza, Vegetable Lasagna and Ravioli Formaggio. Click here to explore our menu! >
Want to lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service? Learn more about the Nutrisystem program! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 253
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 2 Extras and 2 Vegetables
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cup marinara sauce, low sodium
- ½ cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- 3 cup spinach leaves
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Season spaghetti squash with olive oil and pepper. Place into the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, egg and herbs.
- Once spaghetti squash has finished cooking, scrape out the flesh with a fork and place it into a bowl.
- Mix spaghetti squash with spinach, marinara sauce and ricotta mixture.
- Stuff spaghetti squash back into the squash bowls. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Air fry for 10 minutes or until the cheese has turned golden brown on top.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.