Marinated and Baked Beef Flank Steak RecipeRecipe posted in:
Simple, savory and satisfying, steak is welcome on our dinner plate any time of the year. Whether you’re grilling outside during the summer or craving a hearty homestyle meal in the winter, it’s the ultimate protein-packed main course that goes with any side dish. Serve up a lean, classic, tender flank steak soaked in a homemade marinade and baked to perfection! Check out this easy and healthy recipe for a delicious dinner your whole family will love.
Marinating meat is a great way to add extra flavor and tenderness without piling on the calories. We created a delicious steak marinade recipe with olive oil, low sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, black pepper, honey and fresh rosemary. Simply soak the steak in this mixture for at least two hours, then place it on a greased baking sheet. Throw it in a 450 degree oven and bake for about six minutes per side or until steak reaches desired doneness (145°F minimum).
Once it’s finished baking, remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for about five minutes before slicing and serving. This should allow the temperature to reach 145 degrees. While it’s resting you can create a serving sauce with the leftover marinade: Just pour it into a sauce pan and cook to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer until it’s slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the steak and dig in!
Pro Tip: Try our marinade recipe with baked chicken! It’s a versatile flavor combination that would pair perfectly with poultry.
This recipe makes four servings of tender flank steak, so it’s perfect for the whole family! If you’re keeping it to yourself, it’s a great healthy meal prep recipe and would be delicious over salad or brown rice. It clocks in at 281 calories per serving. If you’re on the Nutrisystem program, you can log it in the NuMi app as two PowerFuels and three Extras. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to pair with this Marinated Flank Steak recipe? Check out the Nutrisystem-approved recipes below!:
- Roasted Bok Choy >
- Orange Ginger Roasted Carrots >
- Oil-Free Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower >
- 2-Step Herb Mashed Potatoes >
- Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo Salad >
- Roasted Jalapeno Quinoa and Chickpea Salad >
- Tomato, Cucumber and Mint Mediterranean Salad >
- Sheet Pan Potatoes and Pears >
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 281
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 3 Extras
- 1 lb. lean flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a zip-top bag and seal.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place steak on greased baking sheet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until steak reaches desired doneness (145°F minimum).
- Remove steak and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime, pour leftover marinade into a saucepan. Cook to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened.
- Pour marinade sauce on top of steak.