Holiday season is upon us and we all need some easy, cheesy recipes for our dinner table. When it comes to side dishes, potatoes should always be welcome at your Thanksgiving feast. From mashed and roasted to scalloped and salads, there are many delicious ways to enjoy the infamous spud. Our recipe for homemade Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes is a delicious side dish that everyone will be reaching for!
Who doesn’t love cheesy potatoes? This simple yet satisfying recipe is sure to be the first thing on the table to disappear! Peeled and sliced potatoes are tossed with a creamy cheese sauce made with a blend of light butter, nonfat milk, reduced fat cheddar cheese, spices and a bit of cornstarch. The mixture is then placed into a greased casserole dish and baked for about an hour. It’s that easy! So forget that pre-packaged box of au gratin potatoes and whip up this homemade version that’s diet-friendly and delicious.
One serving of these Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes contains 220 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. Log this side dish and your entire holiday meal in the NuMi app to help you stay on track with your weight loss! Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app. >
Fill up your Thanksgiving menu with healthy and hearty recipes! Check out the holiday-inspired recipes below:
- Fall Pasta Salad >
- Herb Crusted Pork Chops >
- Honey Roasted Duck >
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- 2-Step Herb Mashed Potatoes >
- Roasted Bok Choy >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms >
- Roasted Rosemary Beets and Carrots >
- Air Fryer Cranberry Pecan Pie >
- Cheese Sauce Smothered Broccoli >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Click here to learn more about our simple meal plans! >
Calories per Serving: 220
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1/8 ”
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic, onion powder, black pepper and dried thyme. Whisk in the cornstarch for a few minutes.
- Pour in the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese. Add the potatoes and stir.
- Pour the potato mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes covered. Remove the cover and bake another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.