Complete your holiday dinner table with a classic side dish made healthy! You can whip up creamy and herbaceous mashed potatoes in just two simple steps with our easy recipe. This lightened-up side dish is the best Herb Mashed Potatoes recipe we’ve tried yet. It features a blend of fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano and garlic that add big flavor with very little calories.
To make these creamy and dreamy mashed potatoes a diet-friendly option, we use nonfat milk and light butter instead of heavy cream and full-fat butter. We also boil the potatoes with the skin on to add more texture and fiber. Simply boil and drain your potatoes, them mash them up with all of the other ingredients before you dig in!
One serving of these 2-Step Herb Mashed Potatoes contains just 72 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Turn this side dish into a full on holiday Flex meal! Pair it with a PowerFuel like roasted turkey, pan-seared salmon or rotisserie chicken. Whatever you decide to serve with this SmartCarb side, be sure to log it all in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily weight loss plan.
Fill up your healthy holiday menu with delicious and nutritious recipes! The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is your go-to recipe website for diet-friendly dishes. Check out some of our favorite holiday-inspired recipes below:
- Hummus & Pita Holiday Trees >
- Instant Pot Holiday Turkey Breast >
- Almond Milk Eggnog >
- Air Fryer Cranberry Pecan Pie >
- Maple Roasted Root Vegetables >
- Honey Roasted Duck >
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Bread >
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake >
- Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey >
- No-Bake Candy Cane Pudding Cups >
- Herb Crusted Pork Chops >
If you love potatoes but don’t have time to cook up these Herb Mashed Potatoes, be sure to check out the Nutrisystem menu! Our Loaded Mashed Potatoes can be prepared in minutes and are sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings. Featuring creamy mashed potatoes, a duo of cheeses and crunchy bacon bits, it’s a customer favorite that’s perfect for the holiday season.
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Click here to learn more about our simple meal plans! >
Servings: 8 (1 serving = ½ cup)
Calories per Serving: 72
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 4 cups white potato, peeled
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Cube potatoes and place in a pot with boiling water. Boil for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Mash with other ingredients.