Getting bored with your veggie recipes? These Maple Roasted Root Vegetables are sure to add some new flavor to your favorite Flex Meals.
Maple is often overshadowed by its pumpkin spice competition. However, the unique, sweet and caramelly taste of maple syrup might just be our new fall flavor. We took your favorite autumn root veggies and covered them in a sweet maple syrup-based coating, creating the perfect side dish for all of your holiday meals.
To make this hearty veggie side, get started by preheating your oven to 425 degrees and lining a baking sheet with some parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, light butter, maple syrup and orange juice to create your sweet and savory sauce. Coat your chopped root vegetables (we love beets, carrots and parsnips) in half of the sauce and bake for about 40 minutes, stirring half-way through the cook time. Once your veggies are soft, remove them from the oven and toss in the remaining maple-mixture. Garnish with some chopped parsley and enjoy!
One serving of these Maple Roasted Root Vegetables contains 152 calories and counts as three Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. Serve them alongside a PowerFuel and SmartCarb to create a complete Flex Meal. Roasted chicken with quinoa and herbs would be a delicious pairing! Just make sure to stay on track with your meal plan by logging your Flex Meal in the NuMi app. It will help you stay accountable with your food intake to ensure you’re not overeating. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
If you love maple syrup, you’ll love these other Nutrisystem-approved recipes:
- Maple Chocolate Pecan Pies >
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon >
- Maple Walnut Cookies >
- Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
- Maple Almond Butter Muffins >
- Maple Walnut Freezer Fudge >
Nutrisystem makes losing weight easy with delicious meals and snacks delivered right to your door! Learn more about our programs >
Calories per Serving: 152
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras, 1 Vegetable
- 2 cups beets, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into 1” slices
- 1 cup parsnip, sliced into 1” slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place olive oil, butter, maple syrup and orange juice in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet. Pour half the maple syrup mixture on vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir mixture and bake for another 20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and toss in remaining maple syrup mixture. Garnish with chopped parsley.