Ready to wake up to the smell of fresh Maple Almond Butter Muffins? So are we! These one-of-a-kind breakfast treats will instantly turn you into a morning person (a healthy morning person, too!).
The first thing you’ll need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Once your oven is getting warm and toasty, grab your muffin tin and spray six cups with nonstick spray and set the tin aside. In a medium bowl, mix oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Place 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until it begins to soften
Once the almond butter is softened, add applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, maple extract and an egg. Mix contents thoroughly. When both mixtures are prepared, stir the oat mixture into the almond butter mixture until just moistened. After you’ve finished stirring, evenly pour your new mixture into the six muffin cavities. As you debate dipping your fingers in the batter for a taste, place the muffin tin into the heated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes. Once the muffins are golden brown and inserting a toothpick yields no batter, you’re done!
Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. With just one bite, we’re sure your whole family will fall in love with these Maple Almond Butter Muffins. And best of all? On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each muffin counts as one SmartCarb and two Extras. Don’t forget to log this tasty treat in the NuMi App! Consistently logging your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so keep logging.
Need more breakfast tips and healthy recipes? Check out these great articles from the Leaf:
- Fiesta Breakfast Panini >
- Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach >
- 5 Breakfast Habits That Melt Pounds >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 muffin = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 cups of a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- Add almond butter to a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until it begins to soften. Then, add applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, maple extract and egg and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Stir the oat mixture into the almond butter mixture until just moistened.
- Evenly divide batter into the 6 prepared muffin cavities.
- Bake until golden brown and inserting a toothpick in the center comes out clean, about 15-18 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.