Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Sundried Tomatoes & SpinachRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks
Is a lack of time keeping you from concocting a creative meal in the morning? Are you dreaming of biting into a cheesy burrito that is Nutrisystem-approved? We have the perfect recipe for you: The Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito. Not only can you enjoy a gourmet egg white breakfast burrito filled with spices, egg whites, spinach, sundried tomatoes and, the best part, cheese, you can enjoy all of these ingredients wrapped tightly into a perfect low-carb whole wheat tortilla on-the-go.
The Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito is perfect for so many reasons—of course, its deliciousness leads the list, but it also can be prepared in advance, popped in the freezer and heated up within minutes to grab on your way out the door in the morning. Packed with veggies, protein and cheesy perfection, these mouthwatering ingredients are tucked perfectly into a low-carb whole wheat tortilla, wrapped in aluminum foil, and are ready to be frozen and stored for future breakfast bliss.
Not only is this breakfast perfect for your waistline, it’s also packed with countless health benefits due to the nutritional value of eggs. According to Wesley Delbridge, R.D., a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, eggs can help strengthen your immune system and are a great source of Vitamin D—which benefits your muscle function, heart health, brain development and mood. So, not only will your taste buds be thanking you for this egg-cellent meal, your body will as well as it reaps the many benefits and nutritional value of eggs!
Counting as just one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Vegetable, the Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito should be logged in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your daily food intake. Track your breakfast burrito on your NuMi app right here! >
Looking for another breakfast staple to add to your weekly menu? Try this delicious and savory 5-Ingredient Veggie Frittata recipe below!
Servings: 6 (1 burrito)
Calories per Serving: 155
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups of baby spinach, chopped
- 1½ cups egg whites
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 6 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Mist with cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic, red onion and bell pepper for five to seven minutes until soft. Add spinach and continue sautéing until wilted. Remove vegetables from the skillet and place in a colander to allow any excess liquid to drain.
- Return the nonstick skillet to the stove and reduce heat to low. Mist with cooking spray. Add egg whites, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, and cook over low heat until egg whites are cooked and very little liquid remains. Then, add in sautéed vegetables and sundried tomatoes to cook for an additional one to two minutes. Set aside mixture to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese in the center of each tortilla. Divide the egg and vegetable mixture amongst tortillas, roll like a burrito and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place burritos in a freezer safe plastic bag and freeze until ready to serve.
- To reheat: Microwave Option—Remove burrito from aluminum foil, wrap in a paper towel and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for two to three minutes, turning over halfway through. Oven Option—Preheat oven to 400° F. Bake burrito wrapped in foil for 20 to 25 minutes.