A frittata is like a quiche, except without the crust. But trust us: This 5-Ingredient Veggie Frittata is so packed with flavor, you won’t even notice it’s missing its crust!
Featuring protein-packed egg whites, roasted red peppers and two types of cheese, this frittata is a seriously delicious way to start your day. Serve it up with a side of oatmeal or a piece of fruit to make it a flex breakfast worth waking up for. Helpful hint: Learn the easiest way to separate an egg right here.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup roasted red peppers (jarred in water), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Optional: Tomatoes or other favorite veggies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray 9½-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour ingredients in.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool, and then slice into 4 pieces.