Dairy Free Almond Milk EggnogRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Without Nutrisystem Shakes, Shakes, Smoothies & Drinks
The holidays are right around the corner—and so are countless recipes that are often filled with calories and unhealthy ingredients. To make sure you still get to enjoy your holiday beverages while remaining on track, we’ve created a healthy twist on a classic drink… eggnog! Traditional eggnog can certainly throw your healthy diet for a loop with an outrageous amount of sugar, but we’ve got you covered with a healthier twist on this holiday favorite!
Creamy almond milk is blended to perfection by adding in delicious and savory ingredients such as honey, stevia, vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg and of course, eggs! Once blended to frothy goodness, this concoction is warmed on the stove to ensure all ingredients are properly combined and settled into the mixture. The dairy free eggnog is then chilled overnight, blended again and ready to be enjoyed by the fire on a cold winter’s night.
Counting as just one PowerFuel and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan, this recipe is as guilt-free as it is delicious. But it’s still important to remember to log your Eggnog on your NuMi app. There are many benefits of logging your daily intake, one being that it can increase your weight loss results—so keep logging! You can log your classic Eggnog right here in the NuMi app! >
To learn more about the benefits of using the NuMi app, check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight. >
Looking for a few classic cookie recipes that you can bring to your holiday get-togethers? Check out 5 Cookie Recipes That Won’t Destroy Your Diet below!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4-5 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced in half and scraped
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 60 to 90 seconds. It should look frothy.
- Pour eggnog mixture into a small pot and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, making sure to stir the mixture frequently. The mixture should be warm and steaming, but not bubbling (otherwise the eggs will scramble!).
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the eggnog to cool slightly before pouring into a pitcher or jar. Chill overnight in the refrigerator to allow eggnog to thicken.
- Before serving, blend again for 30 to 60 seconds if the mixture has separated.