Here at Nutrisystem, we love a veggie side dish. Make it a seasonal side dish that’s simple and satisfying and we’re head over heels! Our Roasted Bok Choy is the perfect way to get in your greens this fall season. Featuring a tangy sauce and crunchy almond topping, this 100-calorie roasted vegetable recipe is a weight loss win.
Bok choy shines in this Asian-inspired dish that features a flavorful blend of low-sodium soy sauce, freshly grated ginger, sesame oil, minced garlic and spicy red pepper flakes. Eight minutes in the oven and you’ve got the perfect accompaniment to any main course. Try it paired with a PowerFuel like seared steak, grilled chicken or even oven-baked tofu for a plant-based feast. Serve it up with a SmartCarb like brown rice or roasted sweet potatoes.
You can enjoy half of this delicious dish for only 100 calories! It counts as one Vegetable and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. We recommend eating four servings of non-starchy vegetables each day for the best weight loss results. Keep track of all of your veggies in the NuMi app to ensure you stay on plan! Click here to log your Roasted Bok Choy in the NuMi app. >
According to Medical News Today, bok choy (also known as Chinese white cabbage) is a cruciferous vegetable that is in the same family as broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. One cup of raw bok choy provides 17% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin A, 26.5 percent of your daily vitamin K and 35 percent of your daily vitamin C.
Fill up your autumn menu with more dark, leafy greens! Fall in love with the healthy recipes below:
- Rosemary Kale Chips >
- Pomegranate Arugula Salad >
- Mixed Greens with Dried Plums & Toasted Pecans >
- Fig Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette >
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad >
- Arugula Beet Salad with Orange Slices >
- Grilled Cabbage Steaks >
Want to lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service? Learn more about the Nutrisystem program! >
Calories per Serving: 100
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb. bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- Whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the bok choy in half of the sauce mixture.
- Place the bok choy onto a baking sheet and broil for 8 minutes.
- At the 2-minute mark, add the sliced almonds.
- Remove the bok choy from the oven. Drizzle with the remaining sauce.