Roasted Rosemary Sweet PotatoesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides
Fresh rosemary has the ability to transform any simple recipe into a gourmet creation. It’s unique, herbaceous flavor shines in this sweet potato side dish that features just five wholesome ingredients. This rustic recipe is easy enough for your busy weeknights yet fancy enough to serve up at your Thanksgiving holiday feast.
Sliced sweet potatoes are turned into crispy coins that are packed with fiber and a whole lot of flavor. We coat them with a delicious blend of light butter, minced garlic, freshly chopped rosemary and black pepper. Roasting them in the oven brings out their natural sweetness and creates a crispy texture. It’s a sweet yet savory side dish that everyone is sure to love!
One serving of these Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes contains 82 calories. It counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. If you’re enjoying this tasty side at your Thanksgiving holiday dinner, you can combine them with a PowerFuel like roasted turkey or ham. Make sure to pile some non-starchy veggies on your plate, too! They will help you stay satisfied and avoid unhealthy holiday temptations. Our Roasted Bok Choy, Oven Roasted Tomatoes or Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad are all tasty options.
Don’t let one holiday dinner turn into diet destruction! Be sure to keep track of your food intake for the best weight loss results. An easy-to-use app like NuMi makes it simple and will keep you organized during the busy holiday season! Easily keep track of your meals, snacks, water, exercise and weight loss progress in one place. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Get creative with sweet potatoes! There are so many delicious and healthy ways to enjoy this starchy root veggie. From snacks to side dishes to soups and suppers, we have a ton of diet-friendly sweet potato recipes that fit into your weight loss meal plan. Check out 10 of our favorite ideas below:
- Skinny Mashed Sweet Potatoes >
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup >
- Sweet Potato Crackers >
- Vegetable Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust >
- Ginger Sweet Potato Bites >
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad >
- Easy Sweet Potato Pancakes >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries >
- BBQ Sweet Potato Chips >
- Mexican Sweet Potato Toast >
Pining for more potatoes? Stock up on delicious meals from Nutrisystem! Our Loaded Mashed Potato, Chicken Pot Pie and Roasted Turkey Medallions deliver a perfectly portioned serving of potatoes in an easy-to-prepare package. Plus, we bring them directly to your door with our convenient meal delivery service!
Reach your weight loss goals with Nutrisystem! Our meal delivery service makes weight loss convenient and delicious. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 82
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. light butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until tender and easily pierced with a knife. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together the melted butter, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto the greased baking sheet. Brush both sides of the sweet potatoes with the melted butter mixture.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes. Set the oven to broil for a few minutes, until slightly crispy.