Mexican Sweet Potato ToastRecipe posted in: Snacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Snacks
Mexican Sweet Potato Toast doesn’t just hit the spot: It nails it! This awesome meal is the sneaky, nutritious solution to your most dire toast desire. Processed breads often sneak in have sugars, salt and dyes added during manufacturing. Sweet potatoes, on the other hand, are a clean alternative, rich with nutrients like vitamin A. Not to mention, the subtle sweetness adds such flair that you won’t miss the normal stuff. Chili powder, melty Mexican cheese and beans are the perfect combination to conquer hunger and excite your tongue.
Mexican Sweet Potato Toast counts for one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra, so log it as such, and you’re good to go!
Confused about Extras? Learn more here >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into four ¼-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. avocado, mashed
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 tsp. cilantro, minced
- ½ cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
- Chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the sweet potato with a nonstick cooking spray and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes, flipping the slices halfway. Don’t overcook the sweet potato. If you do, the toast will become mushy
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and top it with avocado, black beans, cilantro, cheese and chili powder. Place it in the oven and cook it until the cheese is melted.