Fresh rosemary and root vegetable puree create this high fiber snack. Enjoy our simple baked Sweet Potato Crackers all week long.
Sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy vegetable. They are a great source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and a wide variety of other vitamins and minerals. This versatile root veggie is a great addition to salads, baked goods, pasta and more. We decided to take this beloved vegetable and turn it into a crunchy cracker!
Get started by creating your sweet potato puree. Peel cooked sweet potatoes and puree in a blender or food processor. In a bowl, combine sweet potato puree, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and margarine. Using a mixer, mix the batter until it becomes dough. Fold fresh minced rosemary into the dough, cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Lightly flour a hard surface and roll the dough until it is about 1⁄8-inch thick. Cut out your crackers using small cookie cutters or by cutting them into small squares. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browned. Turn the crackers once and continue baking until they are crispy. Once finished baking, remove your crackers from the oven and cool them on a wire rack. Enjoy your sweet and salty snack!
One serving of these Sweet Potato Crackers counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to pair them with a PowerFuel for a complete Flex Snack, such as low fat cheese, yogurt or peanut butter. While you’re crunching on your crackers, make sure to log them in our NuMi app! NuMi is the perfect tool to track your meals and snacks throughout your weight loss journey. Get started with your free NuMi journal here >
Can’t get enough of this sweet root vegetable? Check out some more healthy sweet potato recipes below:
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup >
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad >
- Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets >
- BBQ Sweet Potato Chips >
- Sweet Potato Pie “Nice” Cream >
Want more nutritious and high fiber snacks? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 129
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (~1 large sweet potato)
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lite margarine
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄8 tsp. of salt
- Cook sweet potatoes: Roast sweet potatoes in 400°F oven for 45-50 minutes or boil cut potatoes in water until they are soft.
- Let potato cool, peel off the skin and puree using a blender or food processor.
- Add sweet potato puree, flour, baking powder, sugar and margarine to a large bowl. Using a mixer, mix until the batter becomes dough-like.
- Fold rosemary into the dough.
- Cover dough with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough very thin (about 1⁄8 inch).
- Cut out crackers using small cookie cutters or cut into 2-inch squares.
- Place crackers on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned.
- Turn over crackers and bake until crispy, about 8-12 minutes.
- Cool finished crackers on a wire rack.