As warm weather and the summer sun become a distant memory, our healthy diets should stay intact. What better way to celebrate the season of soups with a delicious, diet-approved Creamy Sweet Potato Soup? A few simple ingredients are combined to create this creamy, flavorful meal.
Peel six medium-sized sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. In a large soup pot, saute onion, garlic and sage until onion has become translucent. Add in the potatoes, broth and almond milk and season with salt and pepper. Once the mixture has reached a boil, lower to medium heat to continue cooking through. Cook for another 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are softened; add in beans and turn the stove off. Transfer the soup mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Once blended through, pour the soup back into the pot to reheat. Divide the soup into six bowls and top with a tablespoon of Greek yogurt and a teaspoon of pepitas.
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and two Extras and clocks in at 259 calories. To ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals, log each serving of the Creamy Sweet Potato Soup in your NuMi app. Did you know that consistently logging your daily intake can increase your weight loss results? To learn the many benefits of using our food tracker app, check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
Make soup your go-to meal this season. Check out a few more of our favorite soup recipes below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 259
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (~6 medium), peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 6 tsp. pepitas
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut them in large pieces.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and sage. Sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, broth and almond milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. Cook for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Add the canned beans and turn off heat.
- In small batches, transfer the soup mixture to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. If desired, add up to 1 cup additional vegetable broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the soup back into the pot. Reheat over medium until warm. Adjust seasonings if desired.
- Divide soup into 6 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt and 1 tsp. pepitas prior to serving.