Easy French Onion SoupRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Sides
This Easy French Onion Soup recipe gives you the classic flavor of a French onion soup without all the calories.
In under 240 calories, you get a hot, flavorful broth with simmered Vidalia onions, soft sourdough bread and black pepper topped with melty, delicious Swiss cheese.
Log this recipe in your NuMi App as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and one Extra and enjoy it as a flex lunch or snack.
If you like this recipe, click on the link below to discover another delicious soup you can make right at home!
Calories per Serving: 239
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable, 1 Extra
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices light swiss cheese
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- In a large stockpot, add onions and olive oil. Heat to medium and let cook for 4-5 minutes, until onions are golden.
- Pour in broth, pepper and bay leaves. Let boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and pour soup into broil-safe bowls. Add slices of bread and top with a slice of cheese.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.