Easy Sweet Potato PancakesRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
These Sweet Potato Pancakes aren’t just easy to make, they’re easy to eat, too! Featuring a few simple ingredients—sweet potatoes, egg whites, cinnamon, nutmeg and some sugar-free maple syrup, they’re a great quick breakfast for your busy mornings, or a between-meal snack idea you can just heat and eat in a pinch. Want to create a flex meal out of these filling flapjacks? Just add a PowerFuel or two, depending on your gender and meal occasion (find out what your flex meals should add up to right here). We like topping our sweet potato pancakes with chopped pecans. You can also add more egg whites—or whole eggs for a thicker pancake that pumps up your PowerFuel count.
However you choose to doctor up this sweet potato pancake recipe, we recommend doubling it up so you have more than one Sweet Potato Pancake meal to look forward to!
Want some clarification on the whole sweet potato/yam relationship? We’ve got you covered here. Craving some more sweet potato recipes? We recommend these Sweet Potato and Corn Veggie Burgers or these Loaded Mexican Baked Sweet Potatoes. They’re also simple to make and quite delicious. These 3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Muffins are also pretty sweet, if you ask us!
Lose weight enjoying delicious meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the Nutrisystem program >
Servings: Makes 2 pancakes; 2 pancakes = 1 serving
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1/2 cup sweet potato
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. zero-calorie natural sweetener like stevia
- 1 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- Cut a long slit in a medium sized sweet potato and heat in microwave for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Let cool.
- While potato cooks, bring a medium sized pan to medium heat on the stove top.
- Once potato is cool, scoop out a half cup and add to a small mixing bowl. Stir in egg whites, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweetener.
- Pour half the “batter” into the pan and flip after bottom solidifies.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup.