This Savory Turkey Chili isn’t just healthy… it’s hearty, too! Which means that you’ll stay satisfied without wreaking havoc on your weight loss plan.
Men and women can enjoy this delicious dish as a flex dinner, since it counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and two Vegetables.
Confused about flex meals? We’ve got you covered with this simple chart:
Servings: 1 (Makes about two cups)
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 2 Vegetables
- 3 oz. ground, lean turkey breast (raw)
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup pinto beans
- ¼ cup kidney beans
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. scallions or green onions
- Zero-calorie cooking spray, as needed
- Heat medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add turkey breast, bell peppers, onions and celery and cook until turkey meat is browned and vegetables are soft (approx. 6 – 8 minutes).
- Add chopped spinach, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper to saucepan.
- Rinse pinto and kidney beans under water to remove excess sodium. Add beans to saucepan. Let chili simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowl and top with low-fat cheese and scallions.