Asian Cashew and Farro SaladRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
Get your fiber fix with this cashew and farro salad tossed in an Asian vinaigrette. A plant-based lunch filled with vegetables, whole grains and flavor.
If you love a big bowl of veggies, this Asian Cashew and Farro Salad is for you. Cabbage, cucumber and coleslaw bring the fiber, while edamame and farro add protein. Cashews, sesame seeds and olive oil fill you up with healthy fats, creating a nutritionally balanced and diet-friendly meal.
To prepare this veggie bowl, start with cooking your farro according to its package directions. Next, mix together your salad dressing by combining low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil and garlic powder in a small bowl. This mixture will give the salad all its yummy flavor! In a separate bowl, create your salad and toss together your cooked farro, edamame, purple cabbage, green onion, cucumber and a bagged coleslaw mix with cabbage and carrots. Pour your dressing over the salad and toss until it’s well-combined. Finish up by sprinkling cashews and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy your colorful creation!
One serving of this Asian Cashew and Farro Salad is 259 calories and count as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel one Vegetable and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to top it with a protein like salmon or chicken if you want to add another PowerFuel serving. Keep track of your PowerFuels, SmartCarbs and Vegetables in the NuMi app! You will love its easy-to-use features and fun logging challenges throughout your journey. Get started with your free journal >
Looking for more Asian-inspired recipes? Try these out:
Calories per Serving: 259
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 cup deshelled edamame, cooked
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 ½ cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup farro, dry
- ½ cup cashews, roasted and unsalted
- 1 pinch black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Cook farro according to package directions.
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the salad ingredients except for the cashews and sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing mixture onto the salad. Toss until well-combined.
- Top salad with cashews and sesame seeds.