Sesame Garlic Shrimp Stir FryRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Succulent shrimp is complemented by rich flavors from garlic, sesame seeds, soy sauce and ginger, and tossed into filling brown rice udon noodles to create the ultimate Shrimp Stir Fry. Just because you’ve made the choice to live a healthy lifestyle, doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to classic dishes like Shrimp Stir Fry!
With a few simple steps and a handful of flavorful ingredients, you will be enjoying the savory deliciousness that accompanies this satisfying dish. As easy as boiling noodles, creating a tasty sauce (with delicious ingredients like garlic and ginger) and sauteing shrimp, this Shrimp Stir Fry recipe will certainly become a go-to meal in your household, especially on those nights that you’re looking for something delicious (and filling!) in a pinch. Imagine that—enjoying a true delicacy like Shrimp Stir Fry, all while maintaining your healthy diet!
While this simple and flavorful dish certainly fits into your Nutrisystem meal plan as the perfect flex meal, it still should be logged in your NuMi app. At just 352 calories per serving, log your Shrimp Stir Fry as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and two Extras right here on the NuMi app > Did you know research suggests that keeping track of your daily food intake can increase your weight loss results? This is just one of the benefits that come along with our free tracker app. Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight to learn all about how the NuMi app makes losing weight simple!
Calories per Serving: 352.5
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. shrimp, uncooked and deveined
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- ½ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp. corn starch (dissolved in water to make a slurry)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise, root and leaves trimmed
- 2 oz. brown rice udon noodles
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes until soft, but slightly undercooked. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Whisk together corn starch slurry, vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer. Cook until thick.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked (shrimp should be pink and opaque). Remove shrimp from pan.
- Add bok choy and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and noodles to the skillet. Add the sauce and stir fry for a few minutes until hot.
- Serve with sesame seeds.