Tofu Stir Fry with Savory Tahini Soy SauceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Thought tofu was just for rabbit-food-loving vegetarians? Think again! This incredibly versatile lean protein is the perfect addition to healthy recipes like this Tofu Stir Fry with Savory Tahini Soy Sauce, because it soaks up all the flavor of the sauce.
This delicious dish features a variety of vibrant veggies like snow peas, mushrooms, spinach, carrots and scallions. But the real superstar in this Tofu Stir Fry with Tahini Soy Sauce recipe is the flavorful Tahini Soy Sauce. Featuring a zippy blend of soy sauce, corn starch, garlic, ginger and tahini, this sauce is packed with tasty flavor that’s completely soaked up by the tender brown noodles, delectable veggies and protein-packed tofu.
And, since this tofu stir fry recipe makes four filling servings, you’ll have enough left to bring leftovers for lunch tomorrow. We bet it tastes just as good, if not better, the second time around considering the veggies, tofu and noodles have had even more time to soak up the savory tahini soy sauce.
Counting as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and two Extras on Nutrisystem, and clocking in at a satisfying 427 calories, this delicious dish is a great option for a flex meal (Still fuzzy on Flex Meals? Click here for everything you need to know >). Just be sure to log your tasty tofu stir fry in NuMi, our free tracking app. With NuMi, you’ll stay on track toward your weight loss goals by logging your food, water, weight and activity. Plus, once you download the app, we’ll also send you all kinds of exclusive weight loss tips, healthy recipes that fit with your plan, and even special discounts on all your favorite foods and products. NuMi really is the perfect complement to your Nutrisystem weight loss program.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Calories per Serving: 427
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 2 cups extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 squares brown rice ramen, without seasoning (or 2 cups brown udon noodles)
- ½ cup peanuts
- Sriracha (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add ramen noodles and cook for one to two minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, stir together water, soy sauce, corn starch, garlic, ginger and tahini. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat one tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat. Add tofu and cook and stir for three to four minutes. Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms and scallion. Cook for five minutes or until soft.
- Stir in sauce and cook until thickened.
- Toss in the noodles and spinach.
- Top with peanuts.
- For a spicy flavor, stir in sriracha.