Sushi Tuna TowerRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
We’ve transformed your favorite lunchtime indulgence into a diet-friendly meal that is larger than life. Check out this delicious recipe for our Sushi Tuna Tower.
If you love sushi, you know that the calories can add up quick. It is often full of hidden unhealthy ingredients in the rice, sauces and preparation method. If you make your own sushi, you can control what is added and create a healthy meal that you love. Many of the ingredients in sushi can be a part of your weight loss plan. Protein-rich fish, non-starchy vegetables and high fiber brown rice can all be enjoyed while on Nutrisystem. We created a unique spin on sushi that is healthy and simple to prepare.
To create your towering sushi roll, grab a bowl and mix together brown rice, light mayonnaise and sriracha. In a separate bowl, combine chopped cucumber, mango and red onion. Build your tower by spraying a one cup measuring cup with nonstick spray, then layer your ingredients inside. Start with pressing in the veggie mango mixture at the bottom, a layer of chopped tuna, then chopped avocado. Lastly, press your rice mixture onto the top. Flip the tower over onto a plate without removing the measuring cup. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so it can firm up. Remove the measuring cup and garnish with black sesame seeds.
One serving of this Sushi Tuna Tower is 295 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. To get in your daily vegetable servings, feel free to serve it over a large salad or a big bowl of zoodles. You can even drizzle on some low sodium soy sauce as a Free Food. While you’re tackling this towering treat, log it in our NuMi app! NuMi is the perfect tool to keep track of your PowerFuels, SmartCarbs and weight loss throughout your journey. Start tracking today >
If you want more diet-friendly sushi recipes, look no further! Check out these other ideas:
- California Sushi Roll >
- Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Burrito >
- Salmon Sushi Bowl >
- Fruit Sushi >
- Everything Breakfast Sushi Roll >
- Spicy Smoked Salmon Roll >
Want high protein lunches and dinners without all the cooking? Nutrisystem is your plan! Learn more about our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 295
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2 oz. sushi-grade tuna, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp. mango, diced
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. avocado, chopped
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 pinch black sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together rice, mayonnaise and sriracha. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together diced cucumber, mango and red onion.
- Assemble tower by spraying a 1 cup measuring cup with nonstick spray. Press mango, cucumber and red onion mixture on the bottom of the cup. Press chopped tuna on top then chopped avocado. Lastly, press rice mixture on top. Compress.
- Invert measuring cup onto a plate. Do not remove the measuring cup.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove measuring cup, garnish with black sesame seeds and serve.