Sushi for breakfast? You bet! This Everything Breakfast Sushi Roll puts a breakfast-inspired spin on your favorite sushi roll. Complete with cream cheese and Everything Bagel seasoning, this recipe is one for the bookmarks!
Start your day off with sushi and stay on track with your weight loss goals thanks to this easy-to-make Everything Breakfast Sushi recipe. Packed with flavor and filled with cream cheese, you can enjoy every breakfast-y bite of this lightened-up sushi.
To make this sushi, layer brown and white rice, smoked salmon, cream cheese and carrots on sushi nori. Gently roll the sushi (with the help of some plastic wrap underneath the nori). Cut the sushi roll into six to eight pieces (depending on how large you’d like each piece). Sprinkle Everything Bagel seasoning on each slice and repeat steps until you’ve used up remaining nori.
This healthier sushi recipe not only tastes delicious, it’s also super filling, too. You can enjoy half a roll of sushi for a mere 149 calories. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one SmartCarb and one Extra. And because we’re all about making weight loss as easy as pie (or sushi) here at Nutrisystem, be sure to log each serving in our easy-to-use NuMi App (you can easily log your Everything Breakfast Sushi roll servings here >). Research suggests that consistently logging your daily food intake can increase weight loss results, so be sure to download and use the NuMi App daily. Learn all about our awesome weight loss app by checking out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
Sushi lover? Us too. Check out a few more Nutrisystem-approved sushi recipes:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 8 (1/2 roll = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 149
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup fat free cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 4 sushi nori
- 4 oz. smoked salmon
- ¼ cup julienne carrots
- Sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning
- Mix the brown and white rice together. Stir in the vinegar. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and chopped chives.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter (or plastic wrapped bamboo mat). Place one piece of nori on the plastic, shiny side facing down.
- Place 1 cup of rice on top of the nori and spread evenly, leaving about 1 inch of nori on the edge farthest away from you.
- In the center of the nori, layer 1 oz. of salmon, 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of carrots. Use the entire length of the sheet.
- Lightly wet the strip of nori that is exposed (to help seal).
- Gently lift the plastic wrap underneath the nori and roll it over the middle ingredients. Press and shape the ingredients into a tight log.
- Wet a sharp knife and cut about 1 ½ to 2 inch thick slices. This will give you about 6-8 slices.
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on each slice.
- Repeat with remaining nori.