Thought you couldn’t have sushi on a diet plan? Think again! This Spicy Smoked Salmon Roll, featuring brown rice, cucumber, scallions and smoked salmon is totally tasty and completely guilt-free.
Counting as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem weight loss program, this delicious dish makes for the perfect flex lunch for women on the Nutrisystem diet program. Men on the Nutrisystem diet program can simply double the healthy recipe for a flex lunch you’ll love.
Confused about flex meals? Check out this simple article, which breaks it all down for you.
Try out these 5 Healthy Sushi Recipes as well.
Servings: Makes 1 serving
Calories per Serving: 214
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 sushi nori sheet
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cucumber, peeled and sliced into ¼-in thick strips
- ½ scallion (white part)
- 2 oz smoked salmon (lox)
- Hot water
- Spicy Mayo Sauce:
- ½ Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. sriracha sauce
- You’ll also need:
- Plastic wrap
- Sharp knife
- Place nori sheets on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Spread brown rice onto nori sheets.
- Flip nori sheet over.
- In one horizontal line, add cucumber, scallion, and half the smoked salmon.
- Gently roll the sushi into a tight a log (rice facing out). Seal the edges with warm water.
- Top with the remaining smoked salmon.
- With a wet knife, cut each sushi roll into 5-6 pieces.
- For the sauce, mix together mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Drizzle on top of sushi.