Toss aside your classic burrito ingredients and wrap up teriyaki chicken, avocado and asparagus in nori for a tasty Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Burrito. If you need a fun and unique lunch to get you through the work week, this is just the recipe for you.
Just like all the other yummy recipes on The Leaf, this Teriyaki Chicken Sushi Burrito is super easy to whip up and will leave you feeling like a master chef. But if you only love sushi in its classic form, check out these 5 Insanely Delicious (And Healthy!) Sushi Recipes > On the other hand, if you love a classic burrito, our Cheesy Egg White Breakfast Burrito with Sundried Tomatoes & Spinach > recipe is just what you need to start the day off right.
Kick off the recipe by stirring together quinoa and vinegar before setting them aside until they reach room temperature. Blanch your asparagus by microwaving them for one minute and then running cold water over them. Grab a bowl from the cabinet and mix together your chicken and teriyaki sauce.
Lay down a piece of the plastic wrap on the counter, better yet, use a plastic-wrapped bamboo mat if you have one on hand. And if you don’t, we can’t recommend bamboo mats for sushi making enough! Place a piece of nori on the plastic with its shiny side facing down. Now it’s time for a burrito bonanza!
Assemble your burrito by neatly placing them on the nori and then slowly roll it over the middle ingredients. Shape the roll into tight log shape and then cut the sushi roll in half. Repeat the process again if you plan on making more than one burrito, or if you’re making lunch for the week ahead.
Meal prep can make eating healthy throughout the week so much easier. There’s no rushing around trying to come up with a healthy option in the morning and with just a little practice, you can perfect your meal prep skills. But do you know what else makes eating healthy all week long easy-peasy? Our tracking app, NuMi! With just a few taps on your phone screen, you can log in all your meals and snacks and find dietary information about them in one, easy-to-find place.
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious meals and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 2 (1 roll = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 291
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 oz. shredded chicken
- 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, reduced sodium
- ¼ cup sliced avocado
- 8 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 sushi nori
- Stir together quinoa and vinegar. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Blanch asparagus by microwaving them for 1 minute and then pouring cold water over them.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken and teriyaki sauce.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter (or plastic wrapped bamboo mat). Place one piece of nori on the plastic, shiny side facing down.
- Place ½ cup of quinoa on top of the nori and spread evenly, leaving about 1 inch of nori on the edge farthest away from you.
- In the center of the nori, layer 2 oz. teriyaki chicken, 1/8th sliced avocado and 4 asparagus spears. Use the entire length of the sheet.
- Lightly wet the strip of nori that is exposed (to help seal).
- Gently lift the plastic wrap underneath the nori and roll it over the middle ingredients. Press and shape the ingredients into a tight log.
- Wet a sharp knife and cut sushi in half.
- Repeat with the second nori.