Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots with Honey Mustard SauceRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides, Appetizers
Learn how to cook sweet potato in the air fryer to make crispy and delicious tater tots! This healthy and easy sweet potato air fryer recipe is the perfect snack or appetizer for your weight loss plan. Transform ordinary sweet potatoes in minutes with this quick Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots recipe! Served with a tasty, homemade Honey Mustard Sauce, you’ll be making this simple starter every weekend.
To make this easy air fryer tater tot recipe, get started by boiling a pot of water and cooking the sweet potatoes until they are fork tender (about 20 minutes). Once they are done cooking, mash up the cooked sweet potatoes and mix some almond flour and garlic powder. Shape the garlicky sweet potato mixture into one-inch tater tots.
Now that your tater tots are formed, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and spray the basket with cooking spray. Add the sweet potato tater tots to the basket, then spray them with cooking spray as well. Air fry the sweet potato tater tots for 12 to 15 minutes or until they lightly browned. Make sure to flip them over halfway through the cooking time!
While your Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots are cooking, mix together the homemade honey mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl: All you need is light mayonnaise, honey, Dijon mustard and black pepper. Serve it up with the hot and crispy air fryer tater tots.
Healthy Hacks: Making these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots for the kids? Use a mix of regular sweet potatoes and purple sweet potatoes! They will love the different colors.
You can serve up your tater tots with all of your favorite condiments, including ketchup, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, sriracha or even a creamy garlic aioli. Feel free to also sprinkle on some herbs and spices. The herbaceous flavor of rosemary would be perfect with the sweet taste of the potatoes. Add a sprinkle of sea salt to bring out the sweetness even more! Craving spicy sweet potato tater tots with a kick? Sprinkle on some cayenne pepper. Smoked paprika is also a great low-calorie way to add a smoky flavor to and sweet potato recipe. Yum!
One serving of these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots with Honey Mustard Sauce clocks in just over 100 calories (101 to be exact!). If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log your serving as one SmartCarb and one Extra in your NuMi app journal. They are the perfect side dish for a protein-packed meal like air fryer chicken. Need a recipe? Try our healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks recipe! >
Get more delicious and nutritious sweet potato recipes right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! We love this tasty root veggie so much, we have incorporated it into many of our healthy creations. Check out some of our favorite sweet potato recipes below:
- Sweet Potato Crackers >
- No-Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili Recipe >
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Omelet >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries >
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie >
- Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes >
- Crispy Sweet Potato Curly Fries >
- Skinny Mashed Sweet Potatoes >
- Vegetable Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust >
- Sweet Potato Chicken Nuggets >
- Ginger Sweet Potato Bites >
- Air Fryer Caprese Sweet Potato Crostini >
- Mexican Sweet Potato Toast >
- BBQ Sweet Potato Chips >
Have you come up with your sweet potato creation? Or maybe you’ve developed a tasty air fryer recipe that’s too good to keep to yourself! You can submit your delicious and healthy recipes on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf! Don’t forget to include a picture of your recipe so we can see how great it looks. Click here to submit your recipes! >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem delivers your favorite meals, snacks and desserts in perfect portions. Click here to learn more about our programs! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 101
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. blanched almond flour
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
- Boil pot of water and add the sweet potatoes. Cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and mix in the almond flour and garlic powder.
- Shape the sweet potatoes into 1-inch tater tots.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spray basket with cooking spray. Add the sweet potato tater tots and spray them with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- In the meantime, mix together the honey mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with the sweet potato tater tots.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.