There’s nothing quite like waking up on a Sunday morning to a fresh, homemade omelet. But after a few short weeks your same-old omelet may just not cut it anymore. Instead, try whipping up our Sweet Potato Black Bean Omelet this Sunday and liven up your day and your diet!
Eggs, in moderation, have been a standard of healthy eating for a long time now. They’re even considered by many experts to be a superfood! With all this in mind, if you can perfect your Sunday omelet, you can make a big step in a healthy direction.
Luckily for you, not only is our Sweet Potato Black Bean Omelet super healthy, it’s super easy to make too! You’ll need a few common ingredients and just 15 minutes of your time. If this omelet sounds like it’ll float your boat, be sure to bookmark our Delicious Veggie Omelet Muffins > as well! They’re a fun take on a classic omelet and your whole family will love them.
To whip up your omelet, you’ll need to grab a small pan and set it to medium-high. Pour in your olive oil and once it’s hot, add in the diced sweet potato and cool until it’s soft. Next, whip the pan clean and coat in a nonstick spray. Pour in your egg whites, cover the pan, and cook for about two to three minutes. Top half of the egg with sweet potato and black beans, then fold over the empty half to cover the toppings. Finish off the omelet with cilantro, avocado and sriracha and you’re ready to go!
As you’re sitting back and relaxing after a delicious and nutritious breakfast, be sure to log your omelet (and any sides you may have enjoyed!) in NuMi. Trust us, NuMi makes dieting easier than ever.
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinner and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 233
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- ½ cup or 3-4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced finely
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/8 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Nonstick spray
- Set a small pan to medium-high. Add in olive oil. Once hot, add diced sweet potato and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes, tossing every few minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from pan and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and respray with nonstick spray. Pour egg whites in the preheated pan. Let the edges and bottom cook some. Place a cover and cook until the top is no longer runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- Top one half of egg with sweet potato and black beans.
- Loosen edges of side with no toppings and carefully fold over to cover the toppings.
- Top with cilantro, avocado and sriracha.
- Serve immediately.