No-Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
There’s nothing like cozying up to a warm bowl of chili in the middle of winter. We’re making your favorite cold weather meal meatless with this vegan recipe that’s packed with flavor and nutritious ingredients. Enjoy our hearty, healthy and homemade No-Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili recipe that provides the classic taste of chili you love without any of the meat or beans!
Vegetarian meat alternatives are becoming increasingly popular and increasingly close in taste and texture to the real thing. We use a plant-based ground beef in our Vegan Chili recipe. There’s many different brands out there and the options seem to be growing daily, so feel free to pick your favorite! Combined with baked sweet potatoes, bell peppers, corn and fire-roasted tomatoes, it’s the ultimate vegetarian chili recipe for your meatless Monday menu.
We capture that classic flavor of chili with a delicious blend of chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, minced garlic and onions, all simmered in a savory low-sodium vegetable broth. Can’t handle the heat? Feel free to adjust the spices and adapt this recipe to your own taste buds. Garnish your bowl with freshly chopped cilantro and diced avocado.
One serving of this healthy No-Bean Vegan Sweet Potato Chili recipe counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, three Extras and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem plan. Feel free to eliminate the avocado to save some calories. You can also add feel free to add more veggies, such as extra peppers, cherry tomatoes or a side of riced cauliflower. Keep track of this dinner in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily menu! >
Looking for more vegetarian meals for your weight loss menu? Check out these healthy plant-based recipes:
- Garlic Soy Sheet Pan Tofu >
- Coconut Mango Pancake Recipe >
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup >
- One-Pan Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa >
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Zucchini Noodles >
- Instant Pot Italian Lentils >
- Mega Beet Burger >
Do you have your own vegetarian recipe that’s too tasty to keep to yourself? Submit your delicious ideas on our Recipe Submission page! You could have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog for all to enjoy. Click here to submit your recipe! >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 510
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, 3 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 10-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lb. vegetarian ground meat
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup corn
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 4 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat remaining olive oil. Add onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic.
- Add vegetarian ground meat and cook for about 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add tomato paste, cumin and chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Add corn, cooked sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes and broth.
- Heat on high to a boil and then turn down heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped avocado.