Here at Nutrisystem, we LOVE Mexican food. It’s delicious, versatile and extremely easy to transform into a healthy, diet-friendly dish. Plus, there are plenty of meatless options for anyone trying to follow a more plant-based lifestyle! This week, we’re serving up a One-Pan Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa dinner that we know our vegetarian customers will love. But even if you’re not a vegetarian, we think you’ll enjoy this flavor-packed recipe that’s filled with smart and satisfying ingredients!
Featuring a Mexican-inspired medley of wholesome ingredients, this hearty one-pan recipe can be enjoyed as a full-on Flex meal or even as a healthy side dish. We use veggie burgers as the meat substitute and combine it with other plant-based ingredients, such as red onions, jalapenos, quinoa, veggie broth, black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes and avocado. Despite being short on the meat, this meal is definitely not short on flavor! It’s seasoned with chili powder, cumin, cilantro and lime juice.
One serving of this One-Pan Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa contains 312 calories. It counts as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb, three Extras and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. Even though this dinner is filled with nutritious ingredients that fit into your healthy diet, it’s important to keep track of it for the best weight loss results. The NuMi app makes it easy to stay organized throughout your journey with an easy-to-use journal, fun tracking challenges and easy access to yours truly, The Leaf! Click here to log this recipe in your NuMi journal. >
The Leaf Weight Loss Blog has plenty of meatless recipes for our vegetarian followers! Of course, you don’t have to be a vegetarian to get in on the plant-based action. Our recipes are smart, satisfying AND delicious, making them a great healthy option for anyone! Check out some of our favorite vegetarian recipes below:
- Grilled Cabbage Steaks >
- Turnip Veggie Patty >
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup >
- Zoodle Mac and Cheese with Roasted Veggies >
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Zucchini Noodles >
- Asian Cashew and Farro Salad >
- Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit Bowl >
- Edamame Hummus >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 312
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb, 3 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 4 veggie burgers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the veggie burgers until they are cooked through. Set aside and chop.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the chopped jalapeno and onion for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except for the avocado, cilantro, lime juice and cooked veggie burgers.
- Heat to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, avocado, cilantro and chopped veggie burgers.