Zoodle Mac and Cheese with Roasted VeggiesRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Sides
When you’re trying to lose weight, you might think that a creamy pasta dinner is a thing of the past. Our Zoodle Mac and Cheese fills your craving while staying low-carb and diet-friendly.
By simply swapping out regular noodles with spiralized zucchini, you can create a healthier take on any pasta recipe. Spiralized zucchini (also known as zoodles) can be found in the refrigerator or freezer section at most grocery stores. You can also easily make your own zoodles with the help of a handy spiralizer (click here for a quick video tutorial!). In this veggie-packed dish, we serve up zoodles covered in a low fat cheese sauce and topped with roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes, red onions and bell peppers.
If you’re not a fan of zucchini, there are many other great veggies that make awesome noodle substitutes. Click the link below for some other ideas:
One serving of this Zoodle Mac and Cheese with Roasted Veggies contains 156 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. Keep it a meatless meal or feel free to throw in a PowerFuel like grilled chicken for some additional protein. However you enjoy this low carb pasta dish, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! It allows you to easily keep track of your food and water intake, weight loss and measurements throughout your journey. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi >
Zucchini is featured as a low carb swap in many Nutrisystem recipes. Check out these other delicious recipes below:
- Crispy Ranch Zucchini Chips >
- Vegetarian Meatballs With Zucchini Noodles >
- Carrot and Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai >
- Italian Lovers Zucchini Boats >
- Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Vegetables and Pesto >
- Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Pasta >
Enjoy losing weight and getting healthy with delicious meals from Nutrisystem! Learn more about our meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 156
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups spiralized zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. light butter
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Toss broccoli, sweet potato, red onion and bell pepper with olive oil. Spread vegetables on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Cook until soft and beginning to brown around the edges.
- In the meantime, steam zucchini noodles according to frozen package directions or cook in a greased skillet over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes or until al dente. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in flour to form a roux.
- Stir in milk and broth and heat to a boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese and black pepper.
- Toss together zucchini noodles and roasted vegetables with the cheese sauce.