Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini PastaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Shrimp Scampi sounds fancy and complicated, doesn’t it? But this delicious recipe goes light on the prep work and heavy on flavor, making it the perfect flex dinner.
Feel free to add your favorite veggies (we love topping this dish with zesty diced tomatoes)! Or add some extra flavor with this pesto sauce. Just be sure to double up the recipe if you’ve got company because a dish this tasty is sure to fly off the plate.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 1 Vegetable
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- 5 oz. jumbo shrimp, raw, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- ½ cup cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning (optional)
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook thoroughly until they are pink on all sides (about two minutes).
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving all liquid in the pan.
- Add the white wine vinegar/vegetable stock and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the vinegar/stock and lemon juice for two minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir occasionally for two minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan, add cooked whole wheat pasta and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.