Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks: Healthier Fried ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
It seems wrong that chicken wings get all of the attention when these healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are fit for a (really good) restaurant meal. Featuring just three simple ingredients and a whole lot of flavor, this easy fried chicken recipe is a weight loss dream come true.
Barbecue food gets a minor modification with the air fryer, cutting down on unnecessary calories and fat that can easily sabotage your weight loss success. The typical drumstick sees its health value decline rapidly, bathed in oil, deep fried and often packaged in a family-size bucket no person could (or should!) conquer on their own.
This air fryer chicken recipe has your well-being in mind, while also catering to your fried food cravings. Cajun seasoning adds a pow of drama to this dish. However, you can feel free to swap in any spices that you enjoy!
This healthy fried chicken recipe make two servings, so it’s perfect for sharing with your weight loss partner. Each serving clocks in at just 155 calories. What other fried chicken drumstick can say that?!
If you’re losing weight with the Nutrisystem program, you can log these healthy Air Fryer Drumsticks as one PowerFuel and one Extra in your NuMi app journal. Feel free to pair them with a healthy, fiber-rich SmartCarb for a full Flex Meal. We think they would be delicious with seasoned brown rice, corn on the cob or a baked sweet potato.
Looking for more fried food made healthy? Check out some of the other easy and delicious air fryer recipes below!:
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes >
- Air Fryer Onion Rings >
- Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn >
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tater Tots >
- Easy Air Fryer Garlic Bread >
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks >
Looking for more healthier versions of your favorite foods? Nutrisystem sends tasty meals and snacks directly to your door! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 155
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano)
- Combine olive oil and Cajun seasoning for marinade in a resealable bag.
- Add chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Transfer chicken to air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.