Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks: Healthier Fried ChickenRecipe posted in:
It seems wrong that wings get all of the attention when these healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are fit for a (really good) restaurant meal.
Barbecue food gets a minor modification with an air fryer that leads to substantial calorie savings and much more balanced nutrition. The typical drumstick sees its health value decline rapidly, bathed in oil, deep fried and often packaged in a family-size bucket no person could (or should!) conquer on their own. This air fryer recipe has your well-being in mind, while also catering to your deepest, darkest chicken cravings. Cajun seasoning adds a pow of drama to this dish, which features more satiating meat on the bone than crispy exterior coating added.
Air Fryer Drumsticks are one Powerful with one Extra kick of amazing per serving. Enjoy them as is, or pair them with a healthy grain like brown rice for a great start to a flex lunch. Just be sure to log this Healthier Fried Chicken right here in the NuMi App >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Servings: Makes 2 servings
Calories per Serving: 155
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano)
- Combine olive oil and Cajun seasoning for marinade in a resealable bag.
- Add chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F.
- Transfer chicken to air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.