Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes RecipeRecipe posted in: Snacks, Flex Meals & Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
It’s about that time of the year when delicious, warm weather produce hits the grocery store shelves and farmers market tables. Stock up on fresh and flavorful fruits and veggies that are in season for endless summer-inspired meals and healthy side dishes! Tomatoes are one of our favorite summer ingredients, as they are super versatile and pair well so many different flavors. This Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes recipe is simple yet satisfying and perfect for celebrating the summer sunshine!
If you grow your own tomatoes at home, you’ll definitely want to bookmark this easy air fryer recipe. It’s a tasty solution for an overabundance of tomatoes from your harvest! Once your tomatoes turn green, pick them early and whip up this classic appetizer that doubles as a healthy snack or side dish.
One serving of this Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes recipe contains 176 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it into your NuMi app journal as one SmartCarb, two Extras and half of a Vegetable serving.
How did we get this recipe to clock in under 200 calories per serving? While most fried green tomato recipes require frying in tons of oil, this healthier alternative uses the air fryer! This helps to cut down on calories while still providing that crispy, crunchy texture you know and love.
After dredging your green tomato slices in eggs and covering them in a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and cornmeal, place them in a single layer inside a greased air fryer and spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Cook them at 400 degrees for about seven to eight minutes. Flip them over, spray the other side with cooking spray and cook for another four minutes.
While your tomatoes are cooking to crispy perfection, whip up a simple four-ingredient Creamy Sriracha Dip by combining nonfat plain Greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, minced garlic and sriracha. It’s the perfect way to spice up this classic snack!
Pair this Creamy Sriracha Dip with our air fryer appetizer recipes! Check out some of our favorites below:
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 176
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Extras and ½ Vegetable
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. sriracha
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Beat eggs in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and cornmeal.
- Dredge tomato slices in egg and then cover in the cornmeal mixture.
- Place tomatoes in one layer in greased air fryer and spray tops with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip the tomatoes and spray the other side with nonstick spray. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Make Creamy Sriracha Dip by mixing mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic and sriracha in a small bowl.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.